Women are different so losing weight too. You probably have been planning your wedding for months. Now is that time to really put your plans into action. You begin by taking inventory of yourself. You may not have noticed that in all the celebration showers, parties, and dinners that a few pounds may have snuck up on you.
I have seen many beautiful brides. They had their own styles and tastes in gowns and their own ideas of what perfection is. Whatever perfection is to you, even something as small as five unwanted pounds will ruin this most special day in your life. You are looking for the perfect wedding dress, but you are afraid that your extra pounds will keep you from looking your best.
While the experts can do wonders with the right gown, your health will improve and you will feel more beautiful if you get those pounds off. You may have noticed that this article specificities women in the title. That is not a typo. In a few words, men have more muscle mass than women making it easier to lose weight. Women have to work very hard to get off even a few pounds and when they are faced with something as important as their wedding, they have been known to starve themselves completely. We are going to avoid that topic, as we have all been there.
In some women, 5 pounds makes little difference. If the woman is tall she can add 5 pounds and not affect her dress size. But a shorter woman can gain 5 pounds and that is a whole dress size. If they managed to fit into the size too small gown, they probably looked as uncomfortable as they felt.
Losing weight the smart way
Your first instinct may be to starve yourself. Let me help you with that one now. Don’t do it. You may drop some pounds, but they will not be pounds of fat, they will be pounds from the fluids in your body.
Dehydration is dangerous. It can actually kill you. It makes your skin dry, your hair dry, and your eyes dull. You can lose weight in natural ways and retain your glow and healthy look.
- Give up sugar
- Eating mostly protein will give your metabolism a boost. It will strengthen your body and it will reduce your appetite. While you are in an emergency weight loss mode, use cheese, nuts, and peanut butter for protein. Steaks can leave you too full.
- Exercise in a fun way – take the gang with you.
- You can easily tone up by adding some fun activity to your standard workout. Don’t stop going to the gym, but give those efforts a kick by adding swimming, dance class, or yoga to the mix. You can easily buy dance leotards for adults and have a lot of fun while helping your efforts to reduce your weight.
- Drink your water
- We have already explained why you need to drink water, but let me add something that will make the concept more pleasant. When you drink cold water 15 minutes before your meal (drinking 8 ounces as quickly as possible) it constricts the stomach. This means it is easier to fill up, and it is already partially filled with zero-calorie water. This is a weapon you can use all day. You will be less hungry, and the pounds will come off. In addition, your skin will glow, your lips will stay moist, your hair will shine and your organs will function better.
- Make it a group effort
- This is a great activity for you and your soon to be spouse to share. This is a great way for the bridal party to stay (or get) in shape for the wedding. They will be in your wedding photos too. Bond together while walking or hip-hop dancing. Help each other watch for hidden calories.
- Get with your seamstress and see if she has an emergency plan if you need a quick bit of help.
- Go to your bridal shop and see if they have any spanx or body shapers that will help. You are just covering all the bases.
It is not easy to lose weight, but it can be done. You can also lose inches with exercise to sculpt your body for the dress you are dreaming of. But, you need to get started. Perfection is not impossible, it just takes a little longer to achieve. If you are a month or two from your wedding, speak to a professional trainer and a nutritionist.
Be careful about the path you take. Yes you want to look perfect. But you want to be strong, uninjured, and healthy so the life you are beginning will be a rewarding one. After all, you are beginning the rest of your life.